For all incoming students who are physically in Italy, the Tax Code / Codice Fiscale can be requested to the nearest Revenue Agency office.
The Italian Revenue Agency / Agenzia Delle Entrate has several territorial offices /"uffici territoriali" to deal with citizens and businesses, located in various areas of the City and its metro area. See the list in the paragraph below
Please note: Application for tax code at the Revenue Agency office can be done only if you are already in the city, NOT if you are still in your home country where the competent authority is the Consular office of your local Italian Embassy or consulate (see above)
The request can be done by email by attaching the necessary documentation; the certificate of attribution of the tax code number will be returned the same way (via email). You need to write to one of the local offices in Milano.
Students can get full assistance in getting the Tax Code at their One-Stop-Shop appointment.
Here you can find the Tax Code request form and the instructions. https://www.agenziaentrate.gov.it/portale/schede/istanze/richiesta+ts_cf/modello+e+istruzioni+cf+aa4_8/aa48+inglese
Download the AA4/8 pdf application form and open it with a pdf reader (such as the free Adobe Acrobat DC) that allows you to fill it in. Alternatively, you can print it out and fill it in clear capital letters.
- Tick “allocation of a tax code”
- You have to fill in part B (personal data – write them exactly as they appear on the ID you provide) and part D (your current address of residence - it means your city of origin or the last registered residence address).
- In part C ("Tax domicile" in Italy) you can list your Italian address that will act as a domicile for fiscal communications and to receive the tax code card (or Health Insurance Card /Tessera Sanitaria if you’re entitled to it)
- Under “signatures”, date and sign with your name and surname. Scan the form in a single pdf file.
- Open a new e-mail. As a suggested subject "name, surname - Request for a tax code and tax code card"
- Attach the filled-in form, signed
- Attach a copy of your ID / Passport + a scan of the visa/entry stamp page (if applicable)
- Send the e-mail to any Ufficio Territoriale of the Revenue Agency (see below)
- The Revenue Agency will reply to your e-mail address in 5 working days by attaching your tax code attribution certificate in pdf, endorsed by the Director of the office or a delegate.
- Should the Revenue officers need more documentation or information, they will let you know via e-mail. (It is advisable to send back over the application form and all the needed documentation along with the updates or missing documents)