1. Go up the terraces of the Galleria to enjoy a unique aperitivo with a view of the marble spires of the Duomo and the golden Madonnina.
2. Get emotional at Teatro alla Scala watching an opera or a ballet and marveling at the breathtaking stage.
3. OMG, it’s Via Montenapoleone! Gape at the windows of the most glittering fashion designers and see what’s in style right now (M3 Montenapoleone).
4. Check out Via Orefici and Piazza Cordusio, because that’s the new frontier of power shopping in downtown Milano.
5. Admire the Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci at Santa Maria delle Grazie (M1/M2 Cadorna FN), an instantly recognizable world masterpiece. Book your visit well in advance, because everybody wants to see Judas and the Apostles dining with Jesus just before he is arrested.
SPECIAL! Visit the mesmeric Romanesque Basilica of St. Ambrose, which harks back to the times when Milano was made capital of the Western Roman Empire. Facing the entrance portico of the basilica, there is the Leonardo Da Vinci Museum of Science and Technology (M2 S. Ambrogio), which has a submarine, all kinds of engineering machines (including Leonardo’s) and special shows on all aspects of physics, chemistry, astronomy. It has something for all family members.