MSc. Degree in Marine Sciences is a 2-year joint degree program offered by the University of Milano-Bicocca in partnership with Maldives National University. The Faculty is made up of experts from the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, the Maldives National University, as well as other non-Italian universities and research organizations.
The official language of the Master’s Degree course is English (B2 level required for admission). In order to foster the intercultural exchange and enable our students to enjoy their stay in our country, non-Italian students will be required to pass an Italian level B1, administered by the University (free).
The teaching is based on a multi-disciplinary approach integrating cutting-edge knowledge and research in this rapidly developing field, with the aim to address present and future environmental challenges.
The Master’s Degree course provide competences on:
- Natural resources: management of reserves and protected areas, programs for tourism cultural training;
- Dissemination of scientific knowledge;
- Coastal protection: regional planning, advisory services on coastal erosion, prevention of biodiversity loss due to anthropogenic impacts;
- Fisheries and aquaculture: provision of expert consultancy services on fishing activities and fish farming;
- Maritime spatial planning: advisory services on natural, social, legal and regional planning issues.
The program provides theoretical knowledge and practical experience, and entails 12 exams (120 credits).
Students are encouraged to experience national and international internships and will have the opportunity to work in the field and in scientific labs at the MaRHE Center in Maldives.