PLEASE NOTICE: due to the Lombardy Region ordinance, all the events at Palazzina Liberty are suspended.
The glass surfaces, the art nouveau or Liberty façade, the floral reliefs, the decorative motifs on ceramic tiles. These are some of the distinctive features of the Palazzina Liberty Dario Fo e Franca Rame, which today is located in the centre of the Parco Formentano but once stood within the ancient Verziere, the historic fruit and vegetable market of Corso XXII Marzo.
Designed in 1908 by the architect Alberto Migliorini, the Palazzina housed a café-restaurant until 1965, when the market moved to Via Lombroso. After being a traditional meeting and bargaining point among the traders in the sector, between 1974 and 1980 it was the laboratory of the theatre company directed by Dario Fo and Franca Rame, to which it was recently dedicated. Restored by the Municipality of Milano, from the 1990s it became the permanent home of the Civica Orchestra di Fiati.
Today it is a musical auditorium, site of the "Palazzina Liberty in Musica" project, a place to get lost among the notes, decorations and large windows overlooking the park.
In the gardens, there is the large fountain with the monument of the sculptor Francesco Somaini dedicated to the sailors of Italy who died in World War II.