Welcome to Milano.
As of Saturday, October 1st 2022, face masks will no longer be required on public transport.
The main anti Covid 19 measures in Milano, in Lombardy and in Italy
What must I do if I live in Milano or if I am there temporarily?
- Anyone with a body temperature from 37,5°C on must stay home, reduce all contacts and call a medicine doctor.
- It is strictly forbidden to leave home for anyone subject to quarantine or that tested positive to the Coronavirus.
What is the current situation in Italy?
For updates please visit the website of our Ministry of Health (Ministero della Salute)
Where to do rapid tests
Where can I do a rapid test?
Here are some pharmacies located in a few key points of the city that offer tests on weekends/holidays as well. Some pharmacies apply a controlled price of € 15 for adults and7or € 8 for children between 12 and 18. Please note that such prices are for people registered with the National Health Service, yet some pharmacies apply this rate to everyone.
- Farmacia F.lli Stilo Cairoli - via San Giovanni sul Muro 9 - tel. +39 02 86464906. Monday-Friday 8.30 a.m.-7.30 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday 9.00 a.m.-7.00 p.m. Also molecular tests - Monday-Friday by 12.00 a.m - Reservations: by e-mail email@example.com - or by phone. Price: 120€, results within 24-36 hours.
- Farmacia F.lli Stilo Senato - via Senato 2, corner corso Venezia - tel. +39 02 76000471. Monday-Friday 8.30 a.m.-07.30 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday 9.00 a.m.-7.00 p.m.
- Farmacia Formaggia - corso Buenos Aires 4 - tel. +39 02 29513320. Monday-Saturday: 8.30 a.m.-08.00 p.m.; Sunday and holidays: 8.30 a.m.-12.30 p.m. 3.00 p.m.-7.00 p.m. Rapid test € 25,00 for people registered with the National Health Service for people NOT registered with the National Health Service. Also molecular tests for 110€.
- Farmacia Boots-Alliance - piazza Duomo 21 - Monday-Friday: 8.30 a.m.- 1.30 p.m. 2.30 p.m. 6.30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 9.30a.m. 1.30 p.m. 2.30 p.m. 6.30 p.m. Also molecular tests (results within 48/72 hours). Price: € 75
- Farmacia Boots-Alliance - Central Station, piazza Duca d’Aosta (ground floor), tel. +39 02 6690735. Open: Monday-Sunday 8 a.m. - 4.30 p.m. Also molecular tests (results within 48/72 hours). Price: € 75. You can book your test and find other pharmacies belonging to this group here
- Cooperativa Farmaceutica piazza Duomo, inside Passaggio Duomo. Open Monday-Saturday 7.30 a.m.-1.30 p.m. 2.00 p.m.- 6.00 p.m. Reservations: tel. +39 3386901507
- Farmacia via Monte Santo - Piazza P. Clotilde 8 corner viale Monte Santo - tel. +39 02 6555861. Open: Monday-Saturday: 8.00 a.m.- 8.00 p.m. Reservation on the website
- Farmacia via della Spiga, - Via della Spiga 2 - tel. +39 02 29526966 Open: Monday-Saturday: 8.00 a.m.-8.00 p.m. Sunday: 8.00 a.m.-12.00 a.m Reservation on the website
- Farmacia Ambreck - Via Stradivari 1, corner Piazza Argentina - tel. +39 02 29526966. Open: Monday-Sunday 3.30 p.m.- 6.00 p.m. Reservation on the website
- Farmacia Cinque Giornate - Piazza Cinque Giornate 7 - tel. +39 02 5518 4483. Open: Monday-Saturday 9.00 a.m.-7.30 p.m., Sunday 9.30 a.m.-1.00 p.m. 3.30 p.m.-7.30 p.m. Reservations by telephone.
Here you can find a list of laboratories that perform both antigenic and molecular tests.
- Gruppo San Donato - inside the Orio Center department store, near Bergamo Orio al Serio airport. Molecular test upon reservation € 82. Reservations: on the web , via App or also on the phone: tel. +39 035 0692159. Here is a list of all the laboratories of Gruppo San Donato
- Synlab - medical center with laboratories located in several points of the city. Reservations: on the website or via App. Prices: standard PCR test (indicatively 24 hours) € 50; priority PCR test, results within 24 hours, € 100. For results also in English: extra € 10.
- Centro Medico Santagostino - medical center with laboratories located in several points of the city, open also on weekends. Prices: molecular RT-PCR Covid 19 test € 75, molecular RT-PCR (Express) Covid test € 90. Reservations: on the website or on the phone tel. +39 02 89701701
- Centro Medico Santa Tecla - via G.B. Pergolesi 8. Prices: Molecular FAST test: € 90. Results within 11:59 p.m. on the following working day. Also available in English. Reservations on the website
- Istituto Auxologico Italiano - via Niccolini 39 - via Mercalli 32. Prices: molecular RT-PCR Covid 19 test € 90. Reservations on the website
Museums, art venues, monumental churches, cinemas, theaters and concert halls, trade fairs, congresses and sports events
What art venues are currently open?
Museums and exhibition centers are open. Reservation is recommended, except in some venues where reservation is always required. No certificate required for access.
Are monumental churches open?
Churches are open. No certificate required for access.
Are theaters, cinemas and concert halls open?
Cinemas, theaters, concert halls, live music clubs are open. 100% capacity indoors and outdoors.
Are trade fairs, congresses and other events regularly taking place?
Trade fairs, congresses, meetings and other events are open.
Are competitions and sports events allowed?
100% capacity outdoors and indoors.
Transfers and public transports – Rules for travellers
What are the rules on public transports?
- Public transports from ATM: info and updates on the webpage, App and Twitter
- Rail transport: info and updates on Trenord, Trenitalia and ITALO websites
Airports: passenger traffic from/to Milano is guaranteed by three airports Malpensa terminal 1, Linate e Bergamo-Orio al Serio. Info: Malpensa and Linate - Bergamo-Orio al Serio.
For updates on boarding procedures, please contact your flight company.
What are the rules for travellers?
Since the 1st of June 2022 the green pass is no longer required to enter in Italy from EU Member States and other foreign countries.
December 2022: updated info on the website of the Ministry of Health.
Commercial activities, catering services and tourist assistance
What are the current rules and regulations?
Stay at an accommodation facility:
Catering services: Green Pass (basic) required to eat and drink at the counter or at the table inside. No certificate required outdoors.
Stay at an accommodation faclity: certificate no longer required.
Hairdressers, barbershops and beauty salons: no certificate required for access.
Retail commercial activities: all commercial activities are open in respect of the regional guidelines for retail commerce in a fixed area. Certificate no longer required for access.
For all public offices open to customers, banks and post offices, shops and tobacconists: certificate no longer required for access.
Tourist Infopoints: open
Sports activities, gyms, swimming pools and spas
Can I practice sports in Milano?
Activities in swimming pools as well as in gyms are allowed. Swimming centers, spas and indoor swimming pools are open, in the respect of the guidelines and rules currently in force.