1. Buy food or dine at the brand new Mercato Isola, a completely renovated covered market that offers all kinds of gourmet foods and fine delicacies (M3 Zara).
2. Expand your green mind at Biblioteca degli Alberi (M5 Isola), the botanical park with walkways going to Piazza Gae Aulenti, the plaza surrounded by skyscrapers and global brands where you can literally walk on water (M2/M5 Garibaldi).
3. Visit the shops in Via Borsieri and Via Thaon de Revel: from ceramists to jewel designers, craftsmanship is the soul of Isola.
4. Want to chill out in a different environment? Try one of the benches of Isola del Pepe Verde, a haven for eco-activism. There’s also Piazzale Archinto nearby, a square colored by tactical urbanism where the locals like to hang out.
5. An elegant, alternative, vegan aperitivo? A selection of great gins or sublime wines? Isola has it. Then it’s time for disco or a late-night meal in Via Valtellina (M3 Maciachini).