Piazzale Angelo Moratti
The San Siro stadium, constructed upon the wishes of the AC Milan president of the time, Piero Pirelli, was built in 1925 in the eponymous district of Milano, near the Ippodromo del Trotto.
The property was owned by AC Milan until 1935, when it was then purchased by the City of Milano and, in 1947, it also became the official base for Inter Milan who, up until then, had played all their matches in the Civic Arena.
The stadium hosts the San Siro Museum which narrates the story of the two Milanese teams through their victories, the prized cups, the players’ jerseys and the newspaper headlines. It is the first museum in Italy to be housed in a stadium.