Via Giuseppe Mengoni
On the evening of March 9th, 1908, the International Football Club was founded by a group of dissidents of the Milan Football and Cricket Club at the ‘Orologio’ restaurant in via Mengoni (now closed). The club’s colours were chosen by one of the founders, the Futurist painter Giorgio Muggiani:
"This magnificent night will bequeath its beautiful colours to our official badge: black and blue on a golden background inspired byte stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world".
Also, tradition has it that the choice of the colour blue was made because, at the time, pencils were often used which had blue and red at opposing ends: a further indication that they clearly wanted to stand out even more from their AC Milan rivals.