Linate airport is accessible to passengers with reduced mobility.
HOW TO GET THERE BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Linate is 7 kilometers from the center of Milano. The connection between Milano Duomo underground lines M1 - M3 (Piazza Diaz stop) and Linate airport is made by bus line 73, served by accessible low-floor buses with wheelchair housing, generally equipped with visual signaling system and voice announcement of next stop.
For more information on stops and timetables, please visit the official website.
HOW TO GET TO LINATE BY COACH
Every 30 minutes two bus lines connect the airport with Milan Central Station (bus terminus in Piazza Luigi di Savoia).
- Air Bus (official website only in Italian language). On request of disabled passengers, the on-board staff can help getting on and off the vehicles.
- Linate Shuttle (official website). Its buses are equipped with a platform that allows transport of passengers in wheelchairs. The service must be requested at least 48 hours in advance.
- Starfly-Autostradale (official website)
Linate is also connected to other destinations (Fiera Milano, San Raffaele Hospital, Malpensa Airport, other towns). For more information, please visit the official website.
HOW TO GET THERE BY CAR
All Linate car parks have parking lots reserved for people with disabilities; no prior reservation is required.
For passengers with reduced mobility we recommend:
- P1 Top Class parking on the second floor, where, by intercom, you can activate the free assistance service available at the airport (Sala Amica)
- P2 Executive parking - ground floor, sector K
Disabled parking permit holders can park for free, showing at the manned cash desk their original permit, their identity document, flight ticket and carpark receipt.
A copy of the parking permit must be displayed inside the vehicle at all times. For more information, please visit the official website.
AT THE AIRPORT
Linate airport is accessible to passengers with reduced mobility and has accessible toilets.
In the terminals there are tactile paths for blind people, telephones with Braille keyboard and lifts with a speech synthesis system and a Braille button panel.
WHERE TO FIND THE SALA AMICA
The "Sala Amica" is the reception and assistance service for passengers with disabilities and reduced mobility.
At Linate there are two lounges:
- one is at the departures floor, near entrance doors 1 and 2 (open every day from 05 to 00)
- the other one is in the boarding area (open every day from 05 to 00).
The activation points of the assistance service are located at Info Points, Check-in counters and at the "Sala Amica Pick Up Point" intercoms, which can be found:
- at entrance doors no. 1, 2, 3 of the departure floor;
- at door n. 8 of the arrivals floor;
- on the +2 floor of Parking P1.
For more information for passengers with reduced mobility, please visit the official website.
SEA Aeroporti, in collaboration with ENAC and the associations of people with disabilities, has implemented a project to facilitate the stay in the airport and the air travel of people with autism.
For more information on the Autism Project, please visit the official website..
Call center: +39 02 232323
E-mail for passengers with reduced mobility: email@example.com